Back for another year is the race at the state fairgrounds with a new name. Breeders Hill Criterium is the same great course with all new asphalt on Breeder’s Hill, and another increase to the pay outs. So make sure to come back for some Snake Alley practice and valuable Iowa Cup points.
We are also happy to announce the return of the Water Works Park circuit race. Water Works was kind enough to completely repave the old loop, and mother nature was willing to hold back the flooding. For those of you who missed out on these races in the past, you are sure to enjoy a crowd favorite.
Online registration is now open over at USA Cycling, and will remain open until the night before each race. So save yourself the hassle of day of registration and some money with early registration discounts. Hope to see everyone there.
Thanks to all the riders who came out yesterday for the first of this year’s Topmkins Eklhart Time Trial Series. Baseline times for the year were set under sprinkling skies dry and moderate south wind. On the men’s side Jon Toftoy (Eden Prairie, MN) set the time to beat so far with a blistering 15:57, one of the fastest times we’ve ever had in an April round. On the women’s side, Loren Uscilowski (Des Moines / VeloRosa) won with a 19:30.
We also learned last night that Kippy’s Place in Elkhart has a nice patio for when it warms up this summer and some humongous tacos!
Thanks as always to our volunteers and official Bruce Pesch for helping keeping everything safe and smooth out there.
Official results have been posted at the USA Cycling website. See you all in May!
A few race day notes for the first round of Elkhart TT Series tonight.
* Online registration closes at noon so if you haven’t signed up, click on over to https://www.usacycling.org/register/2012-1252
* We will have a separate express line for pre-registered riders to check-in an pick up their bib number. If you are already registered you do not need to sign a waiver on site like last year
* We will tabulate and post official results at Kippy’s Place, a newly remodeled bar/grill on Main St. in Elkhart, after the last rider has finished and we get all our stuff picked up. They have food, cold beverages, and are cyclist-friendly. Support Elkhart for supporting our race!
* If you don’t want to wait for official results we will post them within 24 hours zealousracing.com and eventually have them on usacycling.org well.
* We will be taking free will donations to the National MS Society on site. I hear good karma makes you ride faster.
For all other details head to the series page, https://zealousracing.com/events/elkhart-time-trial/
The Iowa Cup is back again in 2012 for what we hope is another exciting year of racing. We have been working hard with promotors this spring to get everything lined up to keep the same benefits that the leaders have had the last couple of years, and slight changes to the Iowa schedule has led to some shuffling for us, but we think its going to be worth it.
In its 7 years of existence, the Iowa Cup competition has really become a part of the fabric of Iowa Cycling. It’s the best points system we have to truly recognize the best road racers in the state in each category.
For a 3rd year, Zealous Consulting is back with us as a team, but we have a new title sponsor for the Iowa Cup in Tompkins Industries. The format and schedule will be very similar to previous years, however, we are always looking for ways to improve the series, including awards and a proper awards ceremony. With East Village no longer the last race in the series, and not wanting to infringe on the State Road Race awards ceremony, we will be looking to host something to present awards after that day. Watch for details on those fronts, as they come. (there are whisperings of award tshirts again…)
Schedule and Series Details